Happy New Year's from Cut Rite Meats!
Try one of Jimmy the butcher's amazingly succulent and flavourful bone in Country Ham's, hickory smoked by Jimmy in the Cut Rite Meats butcher shop. This will be a delight for you and your family for your supper this Easter.
Jimmy recommends meat you need:
Original recipe yields 15 servings
- 1 (5 pound) ready-to-eat ham
- ¼ cup whole cloves
- ¼ cup dark corn syrup
- 2 cups honey
- ⅔ cup butter
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Step 2: Score ham, and stud with the whole cloves. Place ham in foil lined pan.
- Step 3: In the top half of a double boiler, heat the corn syrup, honey and butter. Keep glaze warm while baking ham.
- Step 4: Brush glaze over ham, and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Baste ham every 10 to 15 minutes with the honey glaze. During the last 4 to 5 minutes of baking, turn on broiler to caramelize the glaze. Remove from oven, and let sit a few minutes before serving.